At the moment, I am dieting and aim to work out twice a day (I will share this with you in a later post). However, we all have ‘cheat days’, it’s normal. So, I thought I would share with you a tasty recipe for a vegan chocolate cake. And of course, you can make this with dairy products instead of vegan ones. Enjoy!
Ingredients (makes 8in loaf cake)
- vegan margarine, for the tin
- 150g plain flour, plus extra for the tin
- 100g white spelt flour
- 130g golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 40g cocoa powder
- 60g vegan dark chocolate (chopped)
- 4 tbsp plant-based milk
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 220ml carbonated water
- a selection of nuts
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Gas 4). Combine both types of flour, the caster sugar, vanilla extract, bicarbonate of soda and cocoa powder in a bowl. Stir the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the plant-based milk and vinegar. Leave this alone for 10 minutes and then add the oil.
- Combine the mixtures from step 1 and step 2 together and then pour in the carbonated water. Mix together delicately with a spoon.
- Fold in the chopped chocolate.
- Grease a cake tin with margarine and dust with flour. Transfer the mixture into the tin.
- Place the tin in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Remove the tin from the oven and cool the cake on a wire rack.
- Sprinkle the selection of nuts on top of the cake.
- Slice the cake and enjoy!
I have no idea why it won’t let me start the instructions at 1, not 0. Oh well.
Let me know your favourite snack on cheat day!
Love Charlotte x